We completed a KWL grid for our own ‘reading’ learning, and read an extract from Wyse, D. & Jones, R. (2013) Teaching English, Language and Literacy
I need to add these points to my action plan:
- More about top-down/bottom-up approaches
- Research subskills more!
- Frith – she did Life Scientific on Radio 4 – research!
- Do more research on Searchlights model
- Do more research on Rose Report/Simple View
- I need to do more research to ensure careful phonics planning – buy Phonetics for Phonics book
- Where to start with learners
- That there are other strategies (language experience)
- Word decoding – our brains scan through to find correct word and meaning
- Miscue analysis
- I also need to research some of the above more for my assignment, and I think buying Teaching English, Language and Literacy would help me in this